Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subjects of War...
Morning after morning I wake up to here about the progress in Iraq, or the lack there of. First, I am overwhelmed with distress but I'm quickly overcome with anger. Most of my anger is directed towards our president. The rest is directed towards the fact that I, ALONE, can do nothing about it. How much more war must the world see to know it is painful, destructive and in many cases deemed "evil"? And yet, we have wars; prepare for war, negotiate for and against war, clean up after war, discuss war, photograph war, write about war, sing about war and even watch war on TV. Throughout history man has actually gone to war to fight for peace! Its as if war is a part of mans condition in the universe and perhaps that is why we understand and yearn for peace. We fight for life because we understand the pain and darkness of death. Interesting question to ask yourself- can we know peace without war?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are so amazing, strong and courageous for making this your topic. I applaud you for throwing your heart and thoughts out to the public. Well written and thoughtful. love.
Powerful question...Your passion is obvious as well as moving. I applaud you for taking this issue on and for being so personal. Can't wait to read more love!!
You have an interesting perspective on the war due to the position you are in. You sound very conflicted in your posts, which make them more "real," if that makes sense.
I completely understand your anger and frustration. I myself continue to ask the question why is this war still going on and there is absolutley nothing i can do to stop it. I still feel extremly uninformed about what is going on and each day more and more young men are dying. I commend you for sharing your personal feelings and hope we can soon bring the troops hope safetly!! stay strong!
I can't imagine being in your situation. Believing in something, until an experience even greater causes you to question that. I think you've chosen a great topic for it is personal and makes you question not only the topic, but what you yourself value. Keep it up Katie! xoxo
It must be so hard to be in your position. Hopefully this will all be over soon and our troops all come home safely.
Post a Comment