
We see the war in Iraq through the lens of the media. What we see is what we get. We take-in the disturbing visuals, listen to the commentary, and than interpret the meaning of it all in ways that it is being fed to us. But do we REALLY know what’s going on over there, or are we simply brainwashed by what the media wants us to believe? Reality of the matter isn’t what is being exposed on the news, REALITY comes from the true stories of men who live it EVERYDAY! To an extent, I know the reality of the matter. It’s devastating and scary and usually hard to swallow. Most of the time I ask questions, but am turned down with answers; Brett feels the need to protect my heart. Regardless, what I hear from Brett and what I gather from the media are two TOTALLY different stories. What does that say about the medias intentions? What are the motives of the media and whom exactly are they trying to convince? Is the exposure of the Democratic opposition to the war simply an election tactic, or are they genuinely passionate about the subject?
Even certain news stations, such as MSNBC, FOX, and CNN etc. are all politically charged with different intentions. FOX tends to be more conservative and CNN more liberal. News is news. Facts are facts. When did our country sacrifice the truth for viewer ship purposes?
For the purpose of our morale about the war, I wish people had a “Brett” in their lives; someone who would ground the situation, rather than spin it with intentional value.
No comments:
Post a Comment