There is no one prouder than a fine military mother. I have never seen or met someone as strong as Bretts mother. Her support is of the strongest caliber to be found. Even though she knows what she has to do is hard, she lovingly does it with great care and heart.
Today I have asked Brett’s mother Val to be a guest blogger...
Let me start by saying that I have never once questioned what my son is doing over there. I believe in the rationale that has brought him there and I am proud of the courage that WILL bring him home to me. Ever since Brett was a boy he has been a leader. His determination and will-power are infectious and I believe that these characteristics along with the graces of God will shield him from danger. There are many young men today that spend their days drinking, doing drugs and literally wasting away. These people should be ashamed of themselves and their selfish lives. That is what a soldier is, someone who believes in something bigger than themselves. A boy who becomes a man by seeing a purpose that reaches out further into the realm of their existence, and into the lives of others. I instilled as many of these qualities as I could in Brett, but many of them have always been present. Shame on those individuals who waste their days protesting a war that is already well in progress. I would love to tell them why don’t you spend half the time writing thank you cards to the brave men who are fighting to protect the rights that you are demonstrating, freedom of speech. At the end of each day I thank God for my family and know that we will soon be reunited, in this life or the next. I thank God for the lifestyle that I often take for granted. And I thank God for Brett.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment