Thursday, April 26, 2007

Great Answer...



A couple posts back I asked Brett what the hardest part about being in the marines was. He had to go on a three day mission to Fulluja so he wasn’t able to respond. But I got an email from him today answering the question.

What is the hardest part about being in the military?

Sorry it took me so long babe! Forty hours of driving along plus not hearing your voice was pretty shitty…anyways. I would have to say that the hardest part about being in the military, especially the marines is the sacrifice and the demand of sacrifice that you not only have to make in yourself, but the sacrifice you and your friends and family have to make. Seeing the faces of your loved ones when you have to tell them you are going to miss a birthday or hearing the tremble in their voices when you tell them you are deploying to a combat zone for 7-9 months and don’t know if you are coming back, is the hardest part. Your loved ones and friends and family are the ones that make what we have to go through all worth it! Knowing they trust you to protect them and seeing those same trembling faces, when you get back off that bus straight from Iraq (which I am so looking forward to), or seeing those tears full of thankfulness to God is SO WORTH IT! The feeling in knowing that you served your country with honor and pride-that is what makes all the unspeakable worth it. I commend my friends and family but especially you my loved one for her sacrifice and beautiful heart that opened up and accepted this challenge. I am so proud of you and most importantly thankful for you and all you have done for me. Ya ya keep smiling!!!!

No comments: